2.25.2009

"If you can't eat it, you can't (love) it, and it won't get you into Heaven..."

I am a terrible blogger! Well, ok. An untimely one. At the very most. Or least. :)
Where is tha dang Oscar post Domestic Experiences has been talking about?? Where are the 87, 000 (stolen) pictures and words (my own) detailing the beauty we were all so privileged to witness this year on HDTV? Where is my raving review of some of the best dressed in recent years..?
Not here, folks, not here.
I'm assuming a lot, I know, but I am going to bet you watched the show--. You gushed. Your heart pitter-pattered when Angelina's green gobs graced the screen, and you still fist punched the air when Slumdog won it's millionth award for "Best Picture"--maybe even sang a little "Hai Jo"! Maybe..? No?

So, no. I don't have a review for several additional reasons, as, if you are reading this blog, chances are, you've already read/seen it all. It was sensational. Beyond expectations. Fresh. Classic. Rich. Truly, a rare privilege for even those in attendance. I can't write one thing that would do the show (= dresses) justice given said descriptions, so I'm not even gonna try. I will, instead, promise to keep my eyes open for pieces inspired by what was shown.

One thing's for sure, the designers got the memo! The top secret set design memo! as the theater set the scene for 1930's glamour. (I'm speaking of an invisible memo called "Depression Numero Dos Vibes" as actually, a select few knew the show's premise and were sworn to secrecy!)
And then there was sure thing Best Actress Kate Winslet with the best look--, top to bottom, side to side in a single-shoulder, Atelier Yves St. Laurent and perfection hair. While her coif indeed captured theme, I must say it was very fashion forward; an illuminated sleek that curled and tucked just above the neckline, and was an elegant attribute and uncomplicated detail. ...
But I'm sure you picked up on that and will play with a similar pin and tuck...

Oh, and did you see Amy Adams' emerald and ruby bib necklace?! Well, of course!, Fred Leighton, hellooo! And I loved Miley Cyrus' Murhad Zuhair petal dress! You didn't like it?? I don't know...there aren't a lot of people that can pull it off. Have you ever seen anything like it?!

Oh, and what about all the white dresses? I suppose it is wedding season...and I
would wear a big, fluffy, white dress every day of my life if I could...I think the sweetheart bust line is definitely a huge statement for the season. Well, I mean, Penelope featured it on her 150 year old Balmain vintage, and Angelina, and then Natalie Portman. Didn't she look awesome in that lilac Rodarte? I wasn't expecting her--and I saw her nails were a dark plum too. Pairing a rich, dark nail is another uncomplicated touch--;
she was just a presenter, but a stand-out no less.

Did you cringe when Jen Aniston was presenting??? I watched it a second time and was feeling for her even on the second viewing! You could tell she was bothered--to be standing dead center in front of the happy family! I didn't even remember her presenting partner Jack Black was BFF with Brangelina!! Kung Foo Panda--remember he was the one who spilled the beans they were expecting twins?!! But I did like her dress--Valentino. Sarah Jessica had similar bead work--and you know what? They both had a simple bust line but patterned beading created a similar detail to the sweetheart cuts...Hmm, it's really growing on me...

But oh my gosh, I died when I saw Heidi Klums' Roland Mouret cut-out dress.
The collar reminds me of a bolero I made a few months ago--the angled neckline..? Ok, maybe not the same but inspired none the less. (previous to this recording). And she was wearing the Red Dress for a good cause. I loooved the stacked bracelets. ..Speaking of previous recordings, didn't Katie Holmes wear a cut-out dress recently?? Yes! Jil Sander! Very comparable. Makes me wanna snowflake some t-shirts. ...Or dresses. But I'm afraid if I do so to any of my dresses, I will cause an untimely, red dress heart attack.
But, alas, I pledge to you, dear reader, to find an optimal, non-Heidi Klum, i.e., The Body, cut-out dress fitting for A PCD readers. I mean, first off, no one looks like Heidi Klum. I mean, there aren't a lot of women who look like her--AND! have accomplished such feats as she at nearly 40. Granted, I have been pushing the cut-out affect for a bit, but know, I do know there will be a comparable, more socially apt find. Plus, remember, I'm not telling you what to do. I think everybody has there own style, their own timely successes, and I would never attempt to configure you accordingly. Just know, meld is a rule of push.




---
"Sensation: n.: a mental condition or physical feeling resulting from stimulation of a sense organ or from internal bodily change..."
And so, I'll be here 2/26.
---
"If you can't eat, you can't (love) it, and it won't get you into heaven..." then it's still just a review!

No comments:

Post a Comment