2.17.2009

YOU are always on my mind

A few years ago, I had a fender bender. What does that even mean? All I know is I glanced down--at what? space? dead air? I don't know, but I was forced to look up as my hood was now ribboned behind the SUV in front of me. To this day, I am still mad--curious, as to what I was looking at and in remembering what my repair guy constantly said: "Nothing hurt but your feelings." Really guy? Because I'm pretty sure I was out of commission for two weeks, and my life was a living hell without my mode, not to mention completely livid I was distracted by nothing.

The reason I say all this is because it's a sad world out there. I dread reading the news only to find--you name it, unemployment through the roof, the economy in complete financial despair; I even saw a local 'popular' funeral home that looked like it was closed down. Even the undertaker can't take you in!!! You can't even die without causing a problem!
But amidst all this, happiness is still to be had. The Pastor at a recent friends' wedding spoke of the necessary armour each should wear in order to overcome trying times and obstacles. "Approach one another with compassion, arm yourself with patience and understanding"; he got lost on the eloquence and ultimately kept repeating "...and...put your clothes on." Really guy? Because I'm pretty sure they are newlyweds... :)

My point is, I realize writing this blog is highly in vain. Who has the time or money to spend on such pleasures? But in the words of said spiritual adviser, you still have to put your clothes on. Why? Because they should make you feel better. And if they don't, then you have to keep reading.

Top Five Pieces to Make You Feel Like a Gillion (the biggest no. you can have) Bucks:

1. The "I Can Look Like Coco Chanel" Cardigan, Forever 21, $6

2. The "This Colour Makes Me Feel Pretty" Tunic/Dress, Newport News, $243. The "I'm Too Cool to Care (but might be masking sad eyes)" Aviators, Heritage by Forever 21, $6
4. Some "At Least I Can Still Draw A Straight Line" Liquid Eyeliner, Avon, $7.50

5. The "We Can Kick This Together!" Gladiators, Newport News, $24

XOXOXO,

A Pretty Cheap Dress

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I feel better already. I needs to get me some of those gladiators! Btw, aviators of that type were just advertised this week on www.ew.com-they have been running this thing lately called Style Hunter (http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20235659_20235667_20258895,00.html), but YOU found the better deal. Not that I am surprised. I'm glad Abby likes the blog! I hope she's not too appalled by my tex-mex! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Showing my dorkiness here (it is never well-hidden), but there are actually a LOT of numbers greater than gillion... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_numbers

    ReplyDelete