12.24.2008

Holiday Cheer!

First off, Merry Christmas everyone! Isn't it amazing how the air changes when you realize the beauty of this day?

True to form, yesterday I was scrambling to finish my Christmas presents. I had the ingenious idea to make bathrobes for my family--simple enough, no? Nooo, as I had forgot how much I hate working with over sized garments and excessive fabric. One was a plush, colourful terry cloth, which, on one hand was good as my hasty stitch work got lost in the fullness; also, bad because there were a couple times I attached pieces where they didn't belong! At one point, I seriously had the thought to just take the seam ripper and stick it in my eye, as I could feel my blood pressure surge each time I had to thread the needle. As I neared to a 'finish', the aromas of my mothers' infamous spanish rice began to seep under my door, instantly dispelling the Grinch I was becoming. I charged the kitchen to 'test' it, realizing joy had been right outside my door all along. And really, it's the simple things such as that, that make me appreciate Christmas.

Today, and everyday, a smile is the best thing you can put on. Don't worry: it comes pretty natural when you're the one to give it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment