4.12.2009

"It's like Liberace, Versace, la cucarachi"





Since blogs are basically free cyber-psych in which one admits entirely too much, I might as well cite a couple more neurosis. The first would be my adoration and all to anxious adaptation of a Brooklyn accent. Sitting here now, I refrain from channelling my inner city sista dishing how one should pursue a sense of style, arms and red nails flailing directions. Even so, I love to meet folks from the borough as then I can match in tonal emphasis--tawk about what ails me soo, or how bothasome it is to push around tha toorists'--some people live ehr, ya know! ...I digress. I'm sayin' I love 'Real Housewives of New York City' cast member Bethenny Frankel, as she is no sista, nor a Housewife but can dish it nontheless. Watch the clip. You'll feel me.

Isn't she funny? Cooc-a-rachi is how I would describe my favourite fellas on EVR which is why I messaged kuddos to the show including a shameless "It's my birthday!" small detail on said day. You did me proud mistas! Not only did this sista get a "Happy Birthday Jessica!" (at 40 minutes), but Pretty Cheap Dress got a shout out toooo! (42 mins.) I haven't figured out how to stick it on ehr but go to this link, click on 'Listen to the most recent show' found at the top, and an online stream of Liberace, Versace, la cucarachi will hit ya upside ya head. ...I'm sorry. My sister gets excited about these sorts of things and doesn't get to come out and play very often.
p.s. If you found the video clip funny, Andrews' depiction of ones' 'workday' at 2:30 in should garner a couple more laughs. Prime example of what I am learning is another type of genius from this book. Yet again, I diverge.

2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait for the JERSEY housewives!! I haven't "been to" Jersey since the Sopranos wrapped. (Well, I've been to EWR, but I don't count that!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Have you ever felt that somehow those Jersey girls/Brooklynites are somehow more straightforward than the rest of the world? BTW, I had the MOST horrific dream the other night-we we were late to the concert, and didn't even pay attention....it was DREADFUL. What's up this weekend? Sorry to write a long comment note as a way to communicate, but I'm about to head out to SF to a book signing-it's Orangette, one of my fave blogs!

    ReplyDelete